The Redback Team
8th September 2017
The 5 Simple Steps to Creating your next CPD Webinar!
Did you know that 72.3% of organisations rate Online Education/Webinars as valuable when it comes to how CPD and CPE resources are delivered*?
We show you how to best utilise your webinar platform to create a highly professional and engaging CPD webinar through the following 5 steps…
You can have the most amazing event in the world, but what is the point if no one knows about it?
- Branded email invitations, confirmation auto-responders and reminder emails
- Branded registration pages, including sponsorship and presenter information
- Appropriate social media channels to promote your event
A confident, knowledgeable and passionate presenter can make all the difference. Always train on:
- Technical: Ensuring they can login to the platform and have a good internet connection
- Interactive: Ensure they are across all interactive features and how the tools work
- Format: Upload their PPT presentation and ensure each segment works with polls, Q&A etc.
Technology, remote attendees – so much to think about! If you want your webinar to run smoothly…
- Test all technology prior to the event start time
- Assign a facilitator to moderate any questions or attendee technical difficulties
- Provide a support number in case there are any issues – we recommend your webinar provider
It’s all about measuring your Return On Investment, delivering value and enhancing the experience.
- Measure Attendance Rates and track online behaviour from chat transcripts, polls and quizzes
- Understand what is and what isn’t working with reports on registration page conversions
- Track subject lines and engagement levels with reports on Email Opens and Click Through Rates
5. Post Event
What happens after your event is just as important as the event itself…
- Create and send CPD certificates to all who attended
- Send the webinar recording and supporting documentation to all registrants
- Download the webinar reports and evaluate the feedback – How can you further engage?
With an increase in the functionality and accessibility of technology, more and more organisations are choosing highly professional and engaging online platforms as their main communication tool. Why? Because they can allow you to report on participant behavior, access extensive reporting and your content can live as long as you want it to with the option to host on-demand.
So how can you leverage the online world and reach and engage more members? We’ve put together our The CPD Webinar Guide that includes everything from creating your events to maximising them once they’re done. Does more engagement, higher attendance and better reporting sound good to you?
Until next time,
The Redback Team
*SurveyMatters, 2014 ‘Associations Matter – State of the Sector Study’, SurveyMatters, page 32