April 2017 Redback Conferencing Pty Ltd Terms of Business
IMPORTANT: This Agreement is between an individual or legal entity (Customer) and Redback Conferencing Pty Ltd (Provider) in relation to all services offered by the Provider, including all Managed Services.
This Agreement governs the use of services offered by the Provider – audio, web and video conferencing along with all Managed Services. The Provider may amend the features available within these services without notice. The Customer agrees the Providers ability to offer services is conditional upon the Customer providing all the required information within the time-frames stated. Where Managed Services are offered, the Customer acknowledges that local access such as internet may limit our ability to fulfil these services.
Charges & Payments
The Provider will invoice the Customer electronically within 3 business days for all charges incurred within the previous calendar month. Customer agrees to make payment for these services upon receipt of invoice by the due date stated on the invoice. Customer must notify the Provider of any disputed charges within 30 days of invoice issued. Where payment is not made within a reasonable time-frame, the Provider reserves the right to suspend all or part of the services offered, including the suspension of any branded services until such time as all charges have been settled.
Privacy & Data Use
The Provider understands the importance of protecting your information, that’s why we, the Provider, place such a high value on your right to privacy. All employees sign Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements and must abide by them as terms of their continued employment. Unless obligated by law, we will not disclose your information to anyone outside of our organisation without your permission. We collect and use that information only for the purposes for which it was provided. In the case of Managed Services, Customers providing us with registration data confirm that individuals as listed have opted to receive e-marketing on your company’s behalf, and we accept no liability should this not be the case. Any information collected by the Provider will remain the sole intellectual property of the client and will not be used for any marketing purposes for the provider.
The Provider assumes no responsibility for circumstances beyond our control such as power, telephone or internet failures or malfunction of systems provided by others. IN ALL CASES, the Provider’s liability is limited to the value of the services offered under this quotation. In no event shall the Provider be liable for special, indirect or consequential damages.
- Final copies of presentation material must be provided at least 24 hours prior to event in PowerPoint format. Prezi and Keynote are not supported, PowerPoint must not contain video or audio files, slide timings, or animation. Any video or audio must be provided as separate files. If presentation is not supplied within the given time-frame, the Provider is unable to guarantee that all slides will be rendered correctly and ready for the live event.
- Final copies of videos to be played during the event must be provided four (4) business days before an event. If more than five (5) videos are provided a fee of $50 will be charged per additional video. Video must be provided in WMV, MP4 or AVI format only. We do not accept DVDs and accept no responsibility for copyright infringement.
- A confirmation and email reminder are included in all Digital Event packages, with the full package available at an additional charge. A minimum of 2 business days is required to complete all e-marketing. Two amendments to e-marketing are included as standard,
additional amendments may incur additional charges.
The Provider accepts no liability for any spelling or grammar errors where content has been provided by the Customer.
- Where content is not provided within the stated time-frames, a last-minute surcharge of $250.00 may apply.
- The reports and resources listed below are available within your Account Management Portal the following business day from your live event. In the event this information is not available, the Provider’s staff will send these via email to the event organiser.
- Registration and attendance report.
- Transcript of all chat.
- Poll report
- In Room Survey report
- Post event survey report (if arranged by the Provider)
- Questions submitted
- Any delivery that is outside of standard business hours (Monday-Friday 7am-8pm excluding public holiday) will be subject to an out of hours’ surcharge.
- As standard, all Digital Event content is hosted for 12 months. Should additional hosting be required, this must be requested a minimum of 5 days prior to expiry. All expired content will be permanently deleted unless renewed. All raw content is deleted after 30 days’ post event.
- Where the Provider offers a payment collection service, you will be sent a remittance at month end detailing the total registration fees (including GST) that we have collected on your behalf. This will be paid to your nominated account by the 2nd Wednesday of that month. Since the Provider is acting as an intermediary agent between you and your participants, the Provider does not provide attendee tax invoices or remit the GST collected on your behalf. PayPal does provide your attendees with a receipt of payment but not a tax invoice. The Registration Fees and PayPal processing fees will be billed to you directly from the Provider as a line item on your regular monthly Redback invoice.
- Prices quoted are an estimate only as there can be external factors that may cause the quoted price to change. There will be no price increase without the client's prior approval. Factors that may create a price increase include additional lighting, additional testing, additional audio equipment, venue charges from the Customers chosen venue, usage of teleconferencing as an audio backup for participants with device related sound issues, late delivery and/or alterations to any presentation materials, post production video editing beyond traditional trimming of start and end, and captioning or transcription services.
- Cancellation & Postponement Policy: Cancellations with less than one (1) full business day prior to the event incur a charge equal to 100%. Cancellation with more than one (1) business day but less than three (3) incur a charge equal to 50% of the approved quote. Where more than three (3) business days noticed has been provided, no charge is applied. Postponements with less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a charge of 50% of approved quote. In all cases, where marketing has been created by the Provider, a minimum charge of $200 will be applied, along with any third-party costs incurred to also be charged in full.
- Email – 4-hour response (Monday-Friday 8.30am-6.00pm)
- Phone – 95% calls answered within 30 seconds
- Tele/Web/Video Service Platform Uptime – 99.99%
- Webcast Platform Uptime – 99.99%
- Webinar Follow Up (Managed) – 2 business days
- E-Marketing Creation (Managed) – 1 business day once we receive complete content
- Webcast Archive – 2 business days
- E-Marketing Creation – 1 business day once we receive complete content
Redback Conferencing is at the forefront of the industry in terms of security for your conferencing services. We use Equinix Sydney IBX Data Centres which are strategically located with close proximity to the Central Business District and access to Southern Cross Cable Head. The Data Centers are ideal for reaching a diverse ecosystem of network, enterprise and cloud companies. Backed by state of the art security, network connectivity and redundant power, Equinix is the ideal location for your co-located equipment. Servers Australia has secured a private suite, only our customers have access to Servers Australia’s racks. The suite is secured by a biometric scanner and our suite is actively monitored internally for camera motion, door status (open/closed) as well as temperature and humidity.
Redback employs a Cisco network infrastructure protected from failure by a multihomed redundant networks and redundant network devices. Cisco firewalls, Intrusion detection devices, and virus detection software protect the data infrastructure. All data is backed up to offsite locations on a daily basis. Web, Application, and Database services are hosted on hybrid cloud infrastructure based on Citrix and Amazon Web Services. Active Directory is used to mange permissions to resources. At the file level NTFS is used to ensure only those authorized to view data can access it. Database access is secured by only allowing limited views of data by the application and web servers and further secured by limiting access to other functions of the database servers by blocking unauthorized access by web and application servers. This is accomplished by deploying the web and application servers within a Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) of the network. All servers in the DMZ are monitored and are limited to the access they are granted to secured servers such as the database server.
Teleconferencing and Web Conferencing
Web Conferencing Users have password protected Online Access to their Library Content (their pre-cached files stored on our Web Servers) 24/7. They are fully in control of exactly what gets stored on the servers and what/when content is permanently removed. Access to that content is controlled by password access and those passwords may be changed at any time by the individual end user that originally uploaded the content. Redback Conferencing offers a complex web conferencing service that is much more than a simple software application running on a computer. Providing Redback Web Conferencing as a SaaS (Software as a Service) entails a large number of modules and processes that form the system. Securing every link of the chain is the challenge to overcome since the entire system is only as secure as its weakest link.
Creating the most locked-down software with 1024-bit encryption would not make it any more secure if the providers’ employees were not trained to protect customers’ passwords. Defining adequate processes is also critical. Imagine customers’ documents such as Microsoft PowerPoint files were to be copied from one server to another. Implementing a procedure that ensures these files follow a path that will never expose them to prying eyes during the transfer is as important as requiring strong password authentication to access conference rooms. Redback Conferencing enforces a variety of strict rules when it comes to processes and has implemented a comprehensive testing and monitoring methodology to ensure their effectiveness. A number of features have been built into the Redback Web Conference platform since its inception to provide full protection for Redback customers and their end-users.
Authentication and Authorisation
One of the most important factors is securing access to web conference rooms. Redback offers different levels of password protection to meet different businessrelated requirements. As an example, a sales and marketing webinar for which you would like to have as many viewers as possible would not require the same level of access restriction as a closed meeting between C level executives of a public company. You can set group passwords, individual passwords as well as temporary passwords for specific events. SSL encryption ensures passwords are never sent in clear through the network. Beyond password protection, Redback provides strong two or three-factor authentication capabilities. Access may be controlled by verifying digital certificates (holding employees’ digital ID including public and private keys) stored on a physical smart card and/or by validating biometric credentials such as fingerprint or retina scan. One of the most practical features also provides a more secure environment and reduces the risk of external intrusions: SSO or Single Sign On is an API (Application Programming Interface) that allows full integration of the Redback Web Conference with your web based members page or with your internal LDAP or Active Directory. By implementing SSO, your attendees would login to your members area (or internal portal) using their usual username and password, then click a button to access your conference room without having to remember yet another password. It provides easier access for your attendees while simplifying user management on your side. Studies show that lower number of passwords to remember inherently leads to more security as users will not expose their passwords in emails, files or even post-it notes. On the other hand, a terminated employee for instance, would no longer be able to enter your conference rooms as soon as you cut his/her access to your members/employee portal. Faithful to the “Technology, Process, People” methodology, we have also put in place strict rules for our employees not to provide any passwords online or on the phone. In fact, Redback employees do not see any passwords in clear as they are encrypted in our databases. This brings us to database protection.
There are two different angles to consider when it comes to database protection: data stealing and data loss. Protection against hackers trying to compromise databases is a serious threat against which Redback employs the latest techniques to prevent unwanted access. Additionally, Redback uses data encryption for sensitive information and never stores end-users credit card information. Data loss can result not only from malicious attacks, but from inadequate processes in the software or from human error. Redback uses advanced, secure and frequent backups to ensure the integrity of customer data.
Eavesdropping on web conference sessions by listening to the audio, reading chat messages or viewing the live or recorded media can be considered as fundamental threats to any web conference session. Although direct access to a room might be protected, there may be ways to eavesdrop on the network without being actually inside the virtual room. Redback employs 128-bit SSL encryption for secure rooms in all client-to-server or server-to-server communications including but not limited to chat, voice, video, application sharing, PowerPoint content and file sharing.
If communication channels were protected without restricting access to voice and content servers, we would only be shifting the weak link. Redback servers are hosted locally in environments with the ultimate physical and logical security. These facilities are secured by onsite staff and under video surveillance 24 hours a day x 365 days a year. To enter the facilities you must be pre-screened by live security personnel, provide photo ID, sign the Security Register and use a unique magnetic pass card to enter For customers requiring an extra level of security, dedicated servers are used for heightened security and performance.
While we have taken extra measures to ensure the highest level of protection for our customers, we understand that security is an ongoing endeavour and requires daily efforts to maintain and enhance the protection level. Redback Conferencing has made a choice to focus on high quality and custom web conferencing. This means that we will work closely with our customers to adapt our solutions to their needs.
Redback Conferencing understands the importance of protecting your information. We are committed to protecting your privacy and we will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. Here is our guarantee:
- The information that we collect will only be used to provide you with the best possible service.
- We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us when requested.
- The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us or updating your preferences. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
- The type of information we will collect about you includes:
– Your name
– Your email address
– Your contact number
– Your preferences
- Your personal information will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
- We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
- All of our employees sign Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements and must abide by them as terms of their continued employment. Unless obligated by law, we will not disclose your information to anyone outside of our organisation without your permission. We may use our Customer Contact information to conduct periodic/random Customer Satisfaction Surveys or to introduce new services that you might benefit from. In all cases, our motivation is to constantly improve the level of service that we are providing to you.
Redback Conferencing is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We collect personally identifiable information for the use of Managed Events when voluntarily submitted. This information is only used to fulfil your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner. Once your Managed Event is completed, the information will be permanently deleted from our database.
Redback Conferencing may change this statement from time to time. Should any changes be made, you will be informed in writing. This policy was updated on Monday, 3rd March 2014.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us at email@example.com