The Redback Team
1st September 2017
Investor Relations Webcasts: The Essentials Explained
What you need to know
Are your investor relations calls conducted to your satisfaction? Are you struggling to keep a professional look and feel when you’re handling all the parts? Are you capturing your sessions for later review? Are you risking your call with wildcard questions?
Remove the stress with a managed investor relations (IR) webcast!
What is an IR webcast?
An IR webcast is a communication channel with the ability to broadcast the CFO and CEO’s results to investors and potential investors.
For more on webcasts, have a read here.
Who should be doing IR webcasts?
Any company that is publicly-listed. A webcast allows you to archive your call and retain a record of it.
Why should we do IR webcasts? What benefits are there?
- Focus on content: IR webcasts removes the delivery component of the IR call from your team and allows you to focus on the content.
- Reach & control: You can reach a larger audience while being able to moderate and control the conversation. The platform allows you to prescreen and filter questions so your speaker isn’t caught off guard.
- Streamlining of process: With unique pins, you’re able to identify attendees without putting them through a queue. IR webcasts provide a first-class experience to attendees while relieving some of your stress.
What are the types of IR webcasts available?
- Remotely delivered – CEO and their team dial out to an event conference from their boardroom. This is managed and moderated by an operator.
- Hybrid – Company hosts a physical event with live streaming component. This involves a hired conference facility for a live address and Redback is onsite to live stream.
- Studio – Come into our facilities and just present. Focus on content and we take care of every element.
What should we be looking for in an IR webcast provider?
- One-stop shop: One provider that can do the webcast and the event teleconference. This way it’s just one contact and they can deal with all the moving parts.
- Redundancies and backups: Ideally, your chosen provider will be experienced and prepared for all redundancies.
- Unique pin codes: A provider that can streamline the process in highly desirable. Unique pin codes are one way of doing this – they shorten the time it takes for an attendee to get into a call. Unique pins are linked with individuals so that their contact information doesn’t need to be collected on the call.
What features would take the webcast to the next level?
CTAs, polls, moderators can take a webcast from good to great.
- CTAs: provide links to supporting material that pushes attendees into the sales funnel. Digital events can all be connected with CTAs. You have a captive audience already – use this as an opportunity to cross-promote.
- Polls: add an element of interactivity to an otherwise standard conference.
- Q&A moderation allows for faultless events. You have the ability to prescreen questions before they reach the CEO and can edit or ignore as needed. Your speakers won’t be flustered with disagreeable questions.
What’s included in the Redback IR package?
Redback’s offering is completely customizable. We can take over every element or just handle one piece. We can take care of every element – provide a event teleconferencing operator, a webcast solution, a studio solution, schedule marketing campaigns, etc. You just have to provide the powerpoint and the presenters.
Why use Redback for IR?
Redback is Australia’s #1 platform for interactive digital events. We deliver professional investor relations for publicly-listed companies. Our platform delivers the most IR events nationally, more than any other provider. We design solutions that meets the requirements of our customers – each solution is customized to our customers’ needs.
- Australian- owned and operated: All infrastructure and support are in Australia.
- End-user support: We provide end-user support which all attendees have access to. You do not have to worry about any of the logistics of running the event or any technical issues that may arise.
- Unique pins: attendees do not have to queue for attendance checks as their contact details are already collected.
- Dedicated webcast studios: We are the only provider with state-of-the-art, dedicated streaming facilities for digital events. Broadcast, live-stream, and record from our studios in Sydney CBD and Melbourne CBD. Discover our studio offerings here.
Our solutions bring together all the parts for your investor relations call — event management, call moderation, end-user support, marketing, web streaming, recording, transcription and replay. You can rest easy with our first-class delivery.
Until next time,
The Redback Team